What is the best UK bookmaker app for sports betting?

Discussion in 'Mobile Sports Betting' started by UKProud, Feb 26, 2014.

1. UKProud

UKProud New Member

So my old Nokia finally died so I've invested in an iPhone 5C and I'd like to know which bookmaker has the best betting app for United Kingdom sports. The choice is a little overwhelming and every bookie claims to have the best app so I'm not sure who to believe. Here are a few questions that you guys might be able to help me with to make my decision a little easier....
    • Are all the apps the same whether you are using an iPhone or an Android? Are some better suited to a particular type of phone?
    • I mainly on the English Premier League, Cheltenham Horse Racing, 6 Nations Rugby, Cricket, major golf championships and Champions League Football. Which bookmaker covers these sports events the best?
    • Which of the United Kingdom iPhone betting app offers the most betting offers and promotions?
    • Can I watch sports live from my iPhone using any of these apps?
    • What happens if I lose my phone? Will my information be secure?
    • Which is the best for horse racing information, betting tips, racecards and results.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2016
  2. Sebastian

Sebastian Administrator Staff Member

In my humble opinion these are the best two if you are serious about sports betting and you live in the United Kingdom or Ireland.
    BET365 MOBILE - WWW.BET365.COM

What I've always loved about Bet365 is that they never bothered to setup betting shops on every high-street. Instead they focused their time and energy into creating the best user experience online or via the Bet365 iOS or Android app. Time and time again I've seen them implement a feature and then about 6 months later bookies like Ladbrokes and William Hill copy the same feature. I use the Bet365 app to place bet obviously but I also use it to check scores, watch the odd live event and event alert me when a particular football team or playing or when my favorite racehorse is running. I think it's an all-round great app.

PADDY POWER - WWW.PADDYPOWER.COM

Like with Bet365, Paddy Power have alway been innovators. They certainly don't rest on their laurels. While the Paddy Power app is just about as good as the Bet365 one, I mainly use PaddyPower because of the offers and promotions that they run. The Paddy Power app does offer everything you would want in a bookie app: great horse racing coverage, live streaming, Touch and Face ID login, and an easy way to build accumulators. Overall a top quality app.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  3. UKProud

UKProud New Member

Wow, thanks for such a detailed response. Sorry to bother you again but for horse racing does any particular betting app have the edge over the competition. Again, I mainly bet on United Kingdom horse races like the Cheltenham Gold Cup, Aintree Grand National, King George, Royal Ascot and the Espom Derby. Do they all pretty much offer the same odds?

4. Sebastian

You're welcome. When it comes to betting on horse racing in the United Kingdom and Ireland, the best apps for betting on horse races are pretty similar to those we'd recommend for betting on soccer, cricket, rugby, snooker or any other UK sports. To help you make an informed decision here are a few of their key features.

TOP UNITED KINGDOM HORSE RACING iPHONE, ANDROID, WINDOWS BOOKMAKERS

BET-365 MOBILE - WWW.BET365.COM
    • In terms of horse racing, what sets these guys apart from the competition is the quality of their form section that will tell you everything you need to know about every horse, trainer and jockey.
    • You can search for a particular trainer and jockey from the app. If you are a fan of Barry Geraghty you can do a search and find out where and when he's racing on any given day.
    • You can set-up alters that will inform you when a fancied horse, trainer or jockey has a race coming up.
    • An "Overview" section is available for each race that will give you a quick overview which is particularly useful for the casual punter.

HONORABLE MENTIONS

Even though these apps do not offer betting, they are invaluable to any racing punter and best of all their free so you'd be mad not to download them.

Best App for Racing News & Results: The Racing Post - http://www.racingpost.com/mobile/

Best App for Betting Tips: OLBG - If you're serious about winning money then this app enables you to leverage the combined knowledge of this sizeable betting community.

OLBG iPhone Version - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/olbg-sports-betting-tips/id557841747?ls=1&mt=8

OLBG Android Version - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.olbg.tipsandroid&hl=en

Best App for Watching Live Video Streams: For just £15 per month you can watch live horse racing on your phone or tablet from some of the UK's biggest racecourses, including Cheltenham, Epsom, Aintree, Newbury, Epsom and York to name just a few.

RacingUK iPhone/iPad Version: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/racing-uk-on-iphone/id352776768?mt=8

RacingUK Android Version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chroma.ruk.android.activity

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  5. UKProud

UKProud New Member

I had a punt on Bobs Worth last week in the Cheltenham Gold Cup so I was able to watch a live stream of the race on my iPhone. Even though I didn't have WiFi at the time and had to rely on a 3G signal, the quality of the picture was surprisingly good. I'll definitely use their live streaming service again for big Irish and UK races.

6. UKProud

UKProud New Member

I'm not sure if any of you are aware of this but the Bet365 app also offers live audio commentary of many soccer matches from their app. When you see the little speaker icon just click on it and you can see a list of all the games that commentary is currently available for. You don't need to login or even have an account to listen to games from the English Premier League, German Bundesliga, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A and many others. I think that's a pretty cool free service to offer.

7. Sebastian

You can also see really detailed live states on every football game with the Bet365 app. For instance, if Liverpool FC were playing Manchester United, in addition to live commentary, you can also view the states section which will give you the latest score, tell you who has possession, which side of the field they are on, how many on and off target shorts each team has made, the number of red and yellow cards, the number of corners and many more statistics. All of this information can be accessed without even logging in or having an account.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  8. Sebastian

9. Tassie

Tassie New Member

Do you need to place a bet via the SkyBet app before you can watch the Spanish football matches on your phone? Is there a schedule of the games Sky will be broadcasting for free on mobile devices?

10. Sebastian

No, the La Liga matches are streamed for free to the SkyBet app and unlike the horse racing streams there is no betting requirement. All you need to do is register an account with SkyBet and you'll be able to watch Real Madrid, Barcelona and any other top Spanish soccer team play on your iPhone, Windows Phone or Android.

11. UKProud

UKProud New Member

Will I be able to watch England play in the upcoming World Cup on my phone? Also, which of the UK sports betting apps will have the best promotions and free bet offers for the Brazil World Cup 2014?

12. Sebastian

None of the UK bookies live streamed World Cup games via their websites or smartphone app, although if you live in the UK you could have downloaded the BBC iPlayer app which showed all of the England games and many others.

13. HK Betting

HK Betting Member

What about the Barclays Premier League? Do any of the iPhone bookmakers stream live games via their app?

14. Sebastian

No, Sky Sports own the broadcasting rights for the English Premier League so it is highly unlikely that they will every allow any of the UK bookmakers to live stream games involving Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea etc.

If you already have a Sky package that allows you to watch SkySports, you can download the Sky Go app from the iTunes App Store to watch the games for free on your iOS device.

If you don't have a Sky Subscription, you can use this Sky Sports Mobile TV app for iOS and Android. https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/sky-sports-tv/id453417026?mt=8 For just £5 a month you can watch most of the SkySports TV channels on your smartphone or tablet.

15. The Kid

The Kid Member

16. Sebastian

If you look at the live streaming section of the Ladbrokes app you'll see that you can watch a lot more than just french and italian soccer. They also broadcast international football games and major soccer leagues from Latin American countries like Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay and many more.

17. Sebastian

Sky Bet Mobile for the iPhone and iPad became the first iOS bookmaker app to integrate Apple TouchID. If you own a iPhone 5S or laters, you can now login to your Sky Bet account without entering a password. The app will authenticate your login using your fingerprint. Fingerprint recognition scanning hasn't been introduced to any Android betting apps yet.

18. Sebastian

If you are the proud owner of an Apple Watch you might be interested to know that William Hill and Unibet have both released betting software for the latest pice of Apple wearable technology.

19. Sebastian

UK internet bookie Gala Coral have now also joined the Apple Watch party by releasing software for the wearable device that lets you place bets, cash out, check horse racing form and receive results and notifications on your watch.

20. Tassie

Tassie New Member

is there a paddy power apple watch app?