Betfair's financial results bolstered by strong performance of their mobile apps

Discussion in 'General Mobile Betting Discussion' started by Terry Tibs, Oct 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Terry Tibs

Terry Tibs New Member

Whatever you think of betting exchanges and Betfair in particular, you can't argue with the quality of their betting exchange apps for iOS phones and tablets. From the beginning they've invested in mobile gambling technology and their faith in smartphones and tablets appears to have paid off. Despite their overall profits being down 2%, things could have been much worse if their mobile betting operations weren't performing so well. In the United Kingdom and Ireland, over 50% of all their players placed a bet from their iPhone or Androids, resulting in a doubling of revenue from mobile.

2. pesky

pesky New Member

Always liked the Betfair app. I'm not a fan of betting exchanges in general but I've always found the Betfair app to be far better than the Betdaq app. They were also one of the first betting companies to develop an app specifically for the iPad.

3. seamus

seamus Member

It looks like Betfair is going to merge with Paddy Power. Does this mean you will be able to access the regular bookmaker software and the betting exchange softare from the same application?

4. Sebastian

Sebastian Administrator Staff Member

The two companies will continue to operate separately. I guess it will be similar to when Bwin and Party Poker merged. Both of those brands continued to operate following the merger although they did combine their pool of poker players.