Has anyone tried sports betting advice & tips apps?

Discussion in 'Mobile Sports Betting' started by mr bobby, Nov 26, 2012.

1. mr bobby

mr bobby New Member

This weekend I came across this sports betting app that offers advice from professional tipsters called "Winning Sports Betting Advice" The app is free to download but you then purchase advice from professional handicappers and tipsters. It doesn't cover every sport but you can get betting advice on Basketball (CBK & NBA), Football (CFB & NFL), Baseball (MLB), Hockey (NHL), International Soccer, NASCAR, Tennis and Boxing.

You pay between $5 and $10 dollars for advice on each league or sports. I'd happily pay this if the advice improved my winning average even slightly. Has anyone tried any of these iOS tipping apps and have they had much success with them?

2. seamus

seamus Member

that's a pretty interesting concept. i wouldn't mind paying a few buck a month to have a centralised database of betting tips. they would need to be transparent and show each tipsters winning records though. i'm not paying unless i can see how successful these guys tips have been in the past.

3. Sebastian

Sebastian Administrator Staff Member

Hi

If you are looking for Horse Racing tips I think the Stan James "Naps & Tips" page is excellent. Every day they put together a list of all the days horse racing tips from The Star, The Racing Post, Blackpool Gazette, Sheffield Star, The Telegraph, The Sun, The Mirror, Oldham E Chron, Irish Post, Belfast Newsletter, Independent, Sussex Express, The Mail, Coventry Telegraph, Newcastle Journal, Western Mail, The Scotsman, The Guardian, The Express, Morning Star, Liverpool Daily Post, Irish Independent, The Times and The Yorkshire Post.

You can view a mobile version of the page http://nagme.stanjames.com/napsandtips

Seb

4. pesky

pesky New Member

OLBG released a sports betting and horse racing tipping app that is free to download from iTunes. OLBG is an online forum/community of gambling experts so the app basically allows you to access these racing and sports tips without having to login to the forum. It also uses GPS that will pinpoint which racetrack or football match you are at and provide you with relevant tips.

5. Sebastian

Thanks for the head-ups on the OLBG pesky. I've been using it for the past week and think it's the best sports tipping app I've come accross so far. For horse racing I still prefer the Racing Post app though, I don't think anything comes close.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  6. HK Betting

HK Betting Member

What is the best horse racing tips apps for the Cheltenham Festival? I fancy having a flutter.

7. The Kid

The Kid Member

I had a few winners at Cheltenham this week using the Racing Post predictor. Most of them were are very short odds so it wasn't exactly rocket science to pick them either :)

8. Sebastian

Glad to hear you had some luck with the Racing Post predictor. I've always wondered how successful a computer algorithm could be when it came to picking horses. Aintree is only 3 weeks away so I'm going to see if it will pick a few winners for me then ;)

9. HK Betting

HK Betting Member

The Racing UK app is also a good resource for tipping advice. Most horse racing fans don't download the app because they think you need a subscription to use it but that's not true. You just need a subscription to watch the UK and Irish horse races on your iPhone or Android, everything else is free. It's great for news, racecards, form guides and betting tips. HERE it is on iTunes

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  10. Sebastian

Do any sports betting or horse race tipping apps offer data on the success rate of their tipsters? It would be great if they published a league table of their most profitable tipsters over the course of each month and the year.

11. mike 12345

mike 12345 Banned

I have used a few in the last couple months. A&A sports picks is the one I have been using recently and I have used My sports picks as well in the past. The great thing about A&A is that you pay only $2.00 and you get all the picks. It not subscription where you have to pay a fee for all your picks.

12. mr bobby

mr bobby New Member

Cool, I'll give those a try. The OLBG tipping app is still my favorite although I wised they covered horse racing in the United States, South Africa and Australia as well as UK and Irish racing.

13. Sebastian

14. The Kid

The Kid Member

i like the tipday app but they really need to broaden the range of sports they cover. i don't understand why they offer betting tips for nba basketball but not for the nfl season that just finished or for the mlb season that just kicked off.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2016
  15. Sebastian

Unfortunately that TipDay app only has a small number of users. It's a shame because the concept for the sports tipping app was good.

16. Sebastian

Horse racing fans will be glad to know that "At The Races", one of the biggest horse race broadcasting companies, have a brand new app that contains plenty of tipping information. The horse racing apps offers betting tips from their in-house tipsters and also computer generated forecasts.

17. Sebastian

Here is a video of the At The Races app for betting tips and horse racing information...

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  18. sims76

sims76 Member

most sports tipping apps have partnered with bookmakers and are making commission so can you trust their betting advice?

19. Sebastian

Yes I think you can. The betting tips provided come from community members rather than paid tipsters.

20. Sebastian