What are the best betting apps for horse racing in the United Kingdom and Ireland?

Discussion in 'Mobile Horse Racing' started by Lizzy, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Lizzy

Lizzy New Member

Hi Guys

Can anyone recommend a horse racing apps for betting on races in the United Kingdom and Ireland? Is there any difference between Paddy Power, William Hill or Bet365?

Cheers
    Liz

2. Ger Regan

Ger Regan New Member

Hey Liz

My vote goes to the Paddy Power horse racing apps because they offer the same money back specials and extra place specials that they offer on their website. These kind of offers are particularly good during big racing festivals like Cheltenham, Aintree or Royal Ascot.

For instance, during the Cheltenham Festival Paddy Power were offering a Money-back special on Sprinter Sacre. When Sprinter Sacre won Paddy Power they gave back money on all losers on the race.

Ger

3. Sebastian

Sebastian Administrator Staff Member

Hi Guys

We've tested all of the major UK bookmaker apps and here are the top 2 in our opinion.

BET365 RACING APP - WWW.BET365.COM
    • Excellent horse racing form section that contains information on jockey, horse and trainer form.
    • Extensive mobile racecard with information on the horse, prize money, going, race distance, silks and everything else you need to make an educated bet.
    • The app provides a "Race Overview" which summaries in one paragraph which horses are fancied based on previous form.
    • If you are a fan of a particular horse or jockey, the app allows you to search for them so you can see when they're competing again. Just do a search for "Barry Geraghty" or "Ruby Walsh" and you can see every upcoming race they are riding in.
    • There is also a very useful "Nag Me" service that will send a reminder when a particular race you are interested in is about to take place. You will receive push notification to your phone.
    • For more information on this horse racing app read our Bet365 app review.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  4. The Blues

The Blues New Member

I tend to do most of my horse race betting from The Racing Post app. In my opinion The Racing Post app is the best racing app out there and a must have for any racing fan. Besides racing new and racecards, the free app also provides racing data and tips which I find really useful when I'm about to take a punt.

To place a bet from The Racing Post app you will need to open an account with William Hill. They are the mobile bookmakers they've integrated into their racing app.

5. Doyler

Doyler New Member

Anyone else use the NagMe Sports Alert Service app? This free app allows you to search by horse, jockey, trainer, owner or all. Once you've found the horse you're looking for, you just select the "NagMe" button and the next time it is running the app will send you an alert. Besides alerts the app also gives racing results, racecards and form guides. NagMe covers every horse race in the UK, Ireland and South Africa.

6. mcafee

mcafee New Member

The William Hill app offers some pretty good offers that are available only to their mobile customers. For instance if your horse wins by a large margin they'll give you an additional bonus.

7. HK Betting

HK Betting Member

For odds comparisons I use the oddschecker apps. It's free and it compares the odds of about 40 bookmakers. It can make the difference between a win and a BIG win :)

8. Sebastian

If you need to know about Irish horse racing then the best iPhone app is the official GoRacing.ie app for iOS.

It offers detailed racecards and results for every Irish horse race, information on every race meeting in Ireland, Irish racing news and contact details for all 25 racecourses.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  9. pferreira

pferreira New Member

Well if you are a betfair user, then for sure you must try hrfever. It gives you a visual representation of the race based on the odds variation and on the money at stake and gives you suggestions to bet on the "winner" or in the "to be placed" markets. It also allows you a one touch betting that guarantees the best odd available on the market in the time of your bet.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2016
  10. seamus

seamus Member

I've always been a fan of the Bet365 app for both sports betting and horse racing but not that Paddy Power have started streaming live horse racing from Dubai, South America and South Africa I find myself using their iPhone app more and more.

11. HK Betting

HK Betting Member

I find myself using the Racing Post app quiet a lot now because if you have a william hill account you can bet from inside the app. Why use 2 apps when you can just use one to get all your news, tips and commentary as well.

12. Sebastian

13. mcafee

mcafee New Member

for betting tips i use either the racing post or racing uk apps for iOS. both have decent tipping sections that are written by jockeys or their in-house racing journalists. they're free to download too from the app store.

14. Sebastian

The Coral App for iPad comes with racecourse overviews plus 5 day forecasts for each racetrack. This is valuable information to have before you place a bet because it'll give you a good indication of whether the going will change.

15. Dice Man

Dice Man Member

it's a shame they haven't added the racetrack weather guide to their iphone app also. i don't own an ipad but i have an iphone 5s so it would be pretty useful if i was able to check the going on my phone before i place a bet.

16. HK Betting

HK Betting Member

Which apps will you be using for the Aintree Grand Nation 2015 next week?

17. Sebastian

Apple Watch horse race betting apps are now available from a select number of bookies. You can now get racing odds, review racecards and bet on horse races from your Apple Watch with Unibet, William Hill and Coral.

18. seamus

seamus Member

Bet365 is my favourite racing bookmaker because you can watch the entire archive of Racing UK and At The Races horse races from their website for free. Anytime I'm thinking of taking a punt on a particular horse I watch its previous races first on their website.

19. Sebastian

20. Sebastian

If you are someone who keeps missing winning betting opportunities then I would recommend this NagMe app that will notify you via an alert on your phone or via email when a particular horse, jockey or trainer is about to compete.